Internship China
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why do china hate the chinese?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:48 pm 
Newcomer

having recently visited china and being chinese citizen who has grown up in the uk, i happen to speak to a hong kong citizen who expressed great concern about they way the mainlanders are treated by their own government. He said that the government (who are currupted officials including the so called police) are not treating their own people with respect and are not offering the protection that any other normal government are. Instead they care about promoting a clean image to foreigners in order to improve the economy (in doing so it improves their own pockets).

I completely agree with his statement, going through customs from hong kong to china i witnessed foreigners passing through with ease where as several chinese have been stopped by custom officers to do a quick search of their bags. i myself being one of them, during this i was told to empty my bag and then rushed by this officer to quickly pack up again and leave, and i mean quickly.

i just wanted to know about other peoples experience in china.

Post subject: Re: Why do china hate the chinese?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:12 am 
I experienced the same - as foreigner I can pass the customs quickly while Chinese citizen are often checked more carefully.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:49 pm 
Newcomer

when my uncle was in beijing they said that when they got into a taxi and ask for a specific destination the driver told them to get out because it is not convenient to him.

Again this refers to the chinese hating chinese, in all honesty i dont see this happening to a foreigner because in china a taxi driver will bump their prices up for a foreigner wouldn't know the actual price any way.

i have not actually been to beijing so i dont know how different the people are compared to other parts of china that i have visited.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:31 pm 
Newcomer

It happens to me too.
foreigner is first in china.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:05 am 
Newcomer

I think its like mostly everywhere in Asia and the neighbor countries.

For the moment i stay in the philippines and want to start the next weeks to go for visiting a friend to china. When i go here into one of the big shops the security guars take a look "Ah, foreigner" and let me pass. The wife of a friend here is a filipina, she get ALWAYS checked!

But whats up with other things, i really don't know. I'll see and write again later.